Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Long live Oxi Clean: carpet stain remover

You might not believe me even if I tell you.
I had a whopper of an Oxi moment about an hour ago.
I'm still in shock at the power that lies beneath that lid.

And I swear, I don't secretly work for Oxi Clean.

Let me paint the picture for you:



Berry smoothie. Deep, pink and delicious.


In the living room.

On cream colored carpet.

Oh yes I did.

After the initial shock of my bright pink smoothie meeting the cream carpet, I actually thought to grab my camera for a "before" shot. I know, there's something's very disturbing about that. (No, I didn't actually do it).

But honestly, my darkest fear was that the "before" shot would end up looking exactly like the "after" shot, even if I scrubbed with all my might. And wouldn't my husband be surprised when he got home to see the couch had been moved. haha! ha.


One tip: If after the first scrubbing you think your light colored carpet is clean, take a photo *with the flash*. The light penetrates the carpet and shows off any remaining color deep in the carpet.

This photo was taken after my first scrubbing. At first glance, it looked like the stains were gone, but after taking the picture I could see stains still remained. So I did another cleaning.

And drum roll please...
I never imagined it could look this clean after witnessing the gushing monstrosity of deep berry colored stains, that was my lunchtime smoothie.
I believe in Oxi Clean.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm still in shock how well this magic potion works. I'll never forget the strawberry stains that came out of my white pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would not believe how horrifying the carpet stains were. I can't believe they came out either. Awesome about your white pants. This stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tip to know, thanks for passing it on! I'm glad that you got the stain out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i know the power of oxi clean. and you know what else? magic eraser!!! can't do without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips