Thursday, January 27, 2011

Perfect placemats for round tables

I love our little round glass table. It feels like eating in a quaint cafe and it's perfect for our small space.

For months we've been using rectangle shaped placemats on our round table, because it's all we had.

And while it works just fine, I knew it could be so much better.

And I was right.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before.

Semi-circle placemats, also called half moon placemats (which sounds cooler, especially to us Twilight fans) fit perfectly on round tables.



I made a pattern from recycled newspaper by measuring the circumference of the table and shrinking the size down to what I wanted.

For the material, I decided to re-purpose the rest of the Anthropologie tablecloth. You know, the one I used to make that snazzy, colorful apron? Is it weird that my apron will match my placemats?

Anywho, for a little flexible padding I also cut a matching piece of cotton batting for the middle.


I love how they turned out.

Our new half moon placemats will be beautifying our little round table at every meal.


Linked to:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment! I browsed through your blog for a bit and can i just say that I'm loving all your Anthro knock offs and refashions? You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And such a great idea for your little table! Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips