Monday, September 20, 2010

Flower embellished t-shirt refashion

I wanted to make a shirt with a flowered neckline.

So I found two matching square neck t-shirts on clearance.
I cut one of them into about 1" wide strips and ruffled them for the flowers.
I used coordinating 1" wide satin ribbon I already had, and ruffled that for flowers.

I created the flowers by putting the ruffles in a random circular pattern until it looked right and pinned.

Then I sewed right over the top of them until it looked like this:

I like the coordinating colors and textures.
Let's hope the flower fad sticks around too...

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I can totally see you wearing this blue number...I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute! i don't remember seeing this one before. you look good in these blues. (you AND Jeremy both.) hehehe i guess its all in the eyes

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips