Monday, September 20, 2010

Fabric flower attempt #1

I've seen so many fabric flowers lately and have been wanting to make one. However, I have a confession. Sad but true, I've been intimidated by my glue gun.

So the time came when I decided to be vulnerable and finally took it out of it's package. And it turns out its not even a little bit scary.

After cutting a strip of aqua jersey and cream polyester and ruffling both of them, I created my first glue-gunned flower.
It's a little on the simple side, and next time I'll put a piece of felt on the back to give it extra stability, but I think it gives this otherwise drab vest a little something.





Let's just say there are more complex flowers on the horizon, since my glue gun and I are now friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips